Does your head get cluttered? Man, mine is a mess half the time. And especially so after Sunday night church. I feel like a bomb goes off in my brain and I have to spend the next 48 hours cleaning up the wreckage.
With that in mind, here are some things that are occupying mental space this Monday morning:
- I’m thinking that God is not all that interested in belonging to the right religious group or having all the right religious ideas in our heads. Seems to me that he’s interested in something far better. (From last night’s talk at Bloom)
- I’m thinking that I’m really looking forward to having the NEXT THREE Sundays off of preaching and that the Bloom folks are REALLY going to enjoy the guest speakers we have in the coming weeks: Ed Gungor from Sanctuary Church (where I used to work) in Tulsa OK will be in Denver next Sunday, and Peter Haas (another former pastor of mine) from Substance Church in the Twin Cities will be here at the end of the month. Both of these guys are sought-after speakers and church leaders. Plus, Michael will be speaking on the 20th. It’s going to be a REALLY fun run of preachers for Bloom in June.
- I’m thinking that the decision I made a month ago to just to preach through books of the Bible (I started on Matthew a month ago) has been (and may turn out to be) one of the most solid decisions I’ve ever made … The pesky text of Scripture always is more interesting than what I would come up with on my own (listen to the podcasts here).
- I’m thinking that there is no better place in the world to spend a week in the summer than Wisconsin, and it’s going to be outrageously awesome to head home in about a week
- I’m thinking that it’s going to be really fun to speak at and learn from others at THIS CONFERENCE here in Denver this weekend
- I’m thinking that Len Sweet and Frank Viola are probably right about Jesus, and that I’m going to enjoy this book when it arrives
- I’m thinking that a Tuesday night Rockies game this week with Bloom friends is always just what the doctor ordered
- I’m thinking that life just ain’t gonna be the same in Denver now that Austin Helm is heading back to T-town
- And I’m thinking that the look in Kobe’s eyes even in defeat tells me that the man will have his revenge during this year’s NBA Finals
There. Now my week can begin 🙂
Cheers to you, and hoping you have a great week.